As a family it's not always easy to find the perfect fun family holiday everyone will enjoy together. Sion Surf Camp has the ideal answer...our accommodation is suitable for all with rooms to cater all needs and lots of open space.
Sion Surf instructors are fully trained and experienced, working with all ages and capabilities so we can offer tailor made surf holidays for all the family. Parents can head out back or to the point for some more serious waves if needed, safe in the knowledge that the kids will be safe and well looked after whilst learning in the gentler beach break. Or it may be the parents who need the lessons whilst the kids get on with it!!
Apart from surfing and enjoying the beautiful beaches, your family can experience Sri Lanka's cultural heritage from enchanting temples to seeing elephants and monkeys in the wild, fishing trips or releasing baby turtles into the Indian ocean.
We have doubles and twin/triples at the Beach Front Camp, the choice is yours. Our accommodating chef can cater for your family whatever their dietary requirements.
Please contact us with your details and dates required and we'll get back to you with a custom package to suit your needs.
If you would like to explore more of what Sri Lanka has to offer, sion surf can also help organise tours during your stay at the camp which could include:
- Sigiriya (Lion Rock), the ancient palace located in the Central Province is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is the most visited historic site in Sri Lanka.
- Kandy, home to the famous Buddhist 'Temple of the Tooth'.
- Nuwara Eliya, nicknamed 'Little England' is a city in the hill country 2000m above sea level, noted for its tea production and even boasting its own 18 hole golf course.
- Pinnewela Elephant Orphanage, where children can see elephants bath time and the baby ones bottle fed.
- Local temple or tea plantation tours, our drivers and guides can help you explore the local attractions.
- Scuba Diving, fun dives or PADI courses availabla, leaving from Mirrissa or Unawatuna, both 15 mins away.
- Whale Watching, we have researched extensively and only use the most ethical boat charters leaving from Mirrissa Bay.
- Water for Elephants, a 3/4 hour ride north to Boosa and your family can see Lily, the orphaned 10-year-old elephant being cared for in a 20 acre thick jungle land with a river border. Here you can feed, wash and even ride the elephants.